(BHIM) Bharat Interface for Money App
BHIM App is a mobile app developed by National Payment Corporation of India. The app was launched by PM Narendra Modi at Digi Dhan Programme at Talkatora Stadium on 30, December, 2016. The BHIM app is based on Unified Payment Interface (UPI) and allows its users to send or receive money from other UPI payment address. The app is named after Bhim Rao Ambedkar and is introduced to aware more people about the use of digital currency in India. The best part about the app is that you don’t need an Internet Connection to use the app. This is a great feature of the app as it makes it usable to people in rural areas and other remote areas. Whether it is Rs.1000 feature phone or a Smartphone, the app can be used on any mobile. There was a time when an illiterate person was called “anghuta chaap” but now your thumb is your bank. The app is currently available on Google Play Stare and will be available on Android App store soon.
Features of the BHIM App
The motto of the BHIM App is “Go Cashless India” and it is doing everything it can do to aware more people about cashless transactions. The app is directly linked to your bank account, so you don’t need to load money in your wallet and a seller or merchant does not need to worry about transferring money into your bank account as money is directly sent into the bank account. Since this app can be used without any Internet connection it will be highly beneficial for people living in hilly areas and other remote areas where Internet connection is not available. Let’s look at some features of BHIM App.
- Quick Money Transfer: – You can send, receive and request money from any payment address or mobile number. The BHIM App is very simple and fast to use. To send money into another bank account a person needs to enter the IFSC and MMID code of the bank.
- QR Code: – You can send money to any merchant by scanning their QR Code. It saves time and provides a quick and easy way of sending money.
- Check bank account balance: – Now you don’t need to go to ATM or even login into your Net Banking Account to know your balance. You can know your account balance just by using the BHIM App.
- Bank Support: – The app is developed and manufactured in India. That’s why all most all the Indian Banks are compatible with this app. You can choose your bank from the list of banks displayed in the BHIM App.
How to start using BHIM App?
In few simple steps you can start using the BHIM App. The BHIM App is not available on Apple App Store right now but it will be available soon. Let’s look at how you can start using BHIM App.
- First, download the BHIM App from PlayStore.
- The app will install automatically, after that open the app.
- Choose your language (English or Hindi).
- On the welcome screen, click on “Let’s get started”.
- Verify your mobile number which is connected to your bank account.
- You will get a One-time password on your mobile. Enter it into the interface to verify your mobile number.
- Enter a four digit secure password.
- Again, type the same password to confirm it.
- Select your Bank Name.
- Choose your bank account.
- That’s it, now you can start using the BHIM App.
The interface can be accessed without Internet too. To use this service you need to dial *99# from any kind of mobile phone. Just keep in mind that the mobile number from which you are dialing this number is registered with your bank account. After dialing *99# you will be given further instruction on how you can send or receive money.
BHIM App FAQs
We know that you must having many doubts regarding the BHIM App. Let’s discuss some of the Frequently Asked Questions and their answers.
- Does BHIM App Supports all banks in India?
Answer- The app is developed in India that’s why the app supports most of the Indian banks. The list of banks supporting BHIP App is Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of Maharashtra, Union Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Dena Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Federal Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank, Allahabad Bank , Syndicate Bank, United Bank of India, South Indian Bank, Vijaya Bank, RBL Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, State Bank of India, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, DCB Bank and Standard Chartered Bank.
- How much time it takes to transfer money to bank using BHIM App?
Answer- The app is simple, fast and secure. The money is sent and received very quickly. You can send money in less than a minute.
- Is there any limit on the money that I send or receive using BHIM App?
Answer- Yes, the limit of transferring money using this app is Rs. 20,000 per day.
- Can I link more than one account with this App?
Answer- No, for now you can only link one account with this app. The account that you entered at the time of registration will be your default account. You can change it later.
So, here was a quick guide on the BHIM App. Let’s hope that this app will aware more people in rural areas about the cashless transaction and digital currency. The app will also save your precious time that you waste by standing in the long queues in banks. We told you how you can use the app, what features it provides you and resolved some of your common doubts. Stay tuned for more articles like this. Thanks for reading.